Previously I thought the lack of interest was for being stranded at the corner of Europe in a peloton famous for a rampant doping problem, but evidently the doping problem has been adressed and this year unlike previous years I have had people help out and try to get a team for me else where in Europe. I don't know why there is no interest. I could say the lack of results, but my winning "Equipier do Ano" (domestique of the year) kind of explains that, doesn't it? Okay in cycling, there is a huge team element... blah, blah, blah. -It's a small bell, but I'm ring it!
I love sport and am training like it's a normal pre-season; running and doing strength training exercises. But I am wondering where will I apply it?
- Fun running? -God forbid, but like death it comes to us (athletes) all.
- Ironman triathlon?
- Mountain bike stage racing?
- The hour mark? -Hour p.b., I wont get ahead of myself here.
- British time-trail championships?
- Something totally mad like a HPV (not herpes but human powered vehicle) record.
- Something totally mad like the RAAM -it's got a big prize which appeals to my sense of greed.
- Something totally mad like cycle round the world with a huge beard?
- Free Diving?
- Fell running?
- Quit? -No, I am happy tilting at wind mills.
Which one shall I go for? Votes please!
My closing words are a genuine thank you to everyone who has helped and supported me!