Sunday 30 October 2011

Tic-toc, tic-toc...

It's coming up to the end of October and I haven't had one word from any team about cycling professionally in 2012. I can't wait for ever. Already this I've made big sacrifices this year and really I'd be disappointed to quit without having made a boat load of cash in the Pro Tour. They say domestiques earn well there, if this guy is anything to go by I'd say they're right!

Previously I thought the lack of interest was for being stranded at the corner of Europe in a peloton famous for a rampant doping problem, but evidently the doping problem has been adressed and this year unlike previous years I have had people help out and try to get a team for me else where in Europe. I don't know why there is no interest. I could say the lack of results, but my winning "Equipier do Ano" (domestique of the year) kind of explains that, doesn't it? Okay in cycling, there is a huge team element... blah, blah, blah. -It's a small bell, but I'm ring it!

I love sport and am training like it's a normal pre-season; running and doing strength training exercises. But I am wondering where will I apply it?


  • Fun running? -God forbid, but like death it comes to us (athletes) all.
  • Ironman triathlon? 
  • Mountain bike stage racing? 
  • The hour mark? -Hour p.b., I wont get ahead of myself here.
  • British time-trail championships? 
  • Something totally mad like a HPV (not herpes but human powered vehicle) record.
  • Something totally mad like the RAAM -it's got a big prize which appeals to my sense of greed.
  • Something totally mad like cycle round the world with a huge beard?
  • Free Diving?
  • Fell running? 
  • Quit? -No, I am happy tilting at wind mills.
Which one shall I go for? Votes please!

My closing words are a genuine thank you to everyone who has helped and supported me!

No comments:

Post a Comment