Friday 24 June 2011

Volta ao Alentejo, British Championships this weekend!

I apologize for not writing in so long, or updating you on what happened at the volta ao Alentejo: Just that my gamble paid, I did not get more sick and I got an excellent block of "training" in. The other stories from the Volta are that there is something amiss with the team: We were the only Portuguese professional team not to win anything. In a couple of weeks I will post the whole story.

Tomorrow I am headed for Newcastle. The British Championships are on Sunday at 13:30. It's a huge stressfest for me, as these solo excursions don't come cheap. And everything needs to go according to plan, or else it's a train wreck, with one problem following another. So, - lets hope!- there are no Icelandic volcanoes erupting, that they do not break my bike on the plan and that the other 1M things that can go wrong, don't. My aim is to finish the race in the top 20, like last year. It seems lame, but it is an excellent result for one racing unsupported.

I am doing a weeks study at Uni right after the Championships and that's adding a little pressure! But it's necessary to develop the academic side of my person, as well as the sporting side. Because you can't race a bike for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment