Thursday 10 March 2011

Volta a Albufeira this Week End

Today me and six team mates, boss and mechanic went to check out the hill climb time trial that might decide this little tour.

"Nasty, Brutish and Short" sums up the TT well. It 3k's, rises 120m and will take about 4:30 m.

I counted 6 riders that went faster than me in the Volta ao Algarve TT, so I'm aiming for a top 10.

I'm probably not "explosive" enough to be brilliant at such an effort, but no sore hand and a proper warm up might see me compensate for this short fall.

The rest of the route winds dangerously round every single lane and country road in the tiny municipality of Albufeira. I would imagine that if no significant gap opens up in the time trial it will boil down to a race for bonifications between the sprinter types. Details of the routes can be found here:

http://algarvebike.blogspot.com/2011/03/2-etapa-km-36-volta-albufeira.html

No comments:

Post a Comment